Denmark is a small country in Northern Europe with a population of 5.7 million. Despite its small size, Denmark is a popular tourist destination, with a number of tourist attractions that draw visitors from all over the world. Here are the top 10 tourist places in Denmark:
1. Copenhagen – The capital of Denmark, Copenhagen is a vibrant city with a rich history and a wide variety of tourist attractions, including palaces, museums, theaters, and parks.
2. Kronborg Castle – A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kronborg Castle is a 16th century castle located in Helsingør. The castle is famous for its association with Shakespeare’s play “Hamlet”.
3. Legoland – A theme park based on the popular LEGO toys, Legoland is located in Billund and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Denmark.
4. Tivoli Gardens – A theme park and amusement park located in Copenhagen, Tivoli Gardens is the second oldest amusement park in the world and one of the most popular tourist destinations in Denmark.
5. Aalborg – A city in northern Denmark, Aalborg is the fourth largest city in the country and a popular tourist destination, thanks to its many attractions, including a cathedral, a castle, and a botanical garden.
6. Frederiksborg Castle – A castle located in Hillerød, Frederiksborg Castle is a Danish Renaissance castle and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
7. The Little Mermaid – A statue of a mermaid located in Copenhagen, The Little Mermaid is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Denmark.
8. Jelling Stones – A set of 10 runestones located in Jelling, Jelling Stones are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an important historic monument in Denmark.
9. Skagen – A town in the north of Denmark, Skagen is a popular tourist destination thanks to its beautiful beaches, its art galleries, and its many restaurants.
10. Ribe – The oldest town in Denmark, Ribe is a popular tourist destination thanks to its historic buildings, its restaurants, and its shops.